Tuesday, February 22, 2011

tuna lettuce wraps

This is my new favorite post workout snack.  It's surprisingly filling (and not much is to me anymore...I feel like a bottomless pit sometimes), full of protein and has practically no fat.  Can't beat that awesome combination.

Ingredients:

tuna in a can (or bag) water packed
romaine lettuce leaves
2 tbsp egg whites (or just one egg white)
any spices you want - I used:
salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and cilantro (lemon juice is nice too)

Then:
Wash several lettuce leaves and pat them dry.  Set those aside while you cook the tuna, eggwhites, and spices in frying pan for about 3 minutes - just long enough for the egg to cook and the mixture to get hot.
Spoon tuna mixture into lettuce leaves.  That's it!  It really is delicious, I promise.

If you wanted to make it more delish I'd add avocado or tomoato or olives or capers...sun dried tomatoes.  You could pretty much throw in whatever you wanted, but I'm trying to make it another couple days before going to the grocery store and this was all I had.  And...I'm trying to stay low calorie for the next few days.
Sorry again for the iPhone photo...it's just so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment