Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wednesday January 12, Day 10

Post by Ashley
I fasted starting at 2:30 yesterday afternoon because I didn’t really have any food in the house that I could take with me to have between classes.  I have to leave the house by about 3:15 on Tuesdays, and won’t finish with classes until 9:45pm and I hate eating right before bed.  I will have to come up with a snacking solution for next week though as my late class is sculpture II where I’ll be expected to operate machinery and lift heavy objects and I don’t think I want to do either of those on an empty stomach (and light head).
We will post more on intermittent fasting later, but I’ve tried it a few days a week before and really seems to make a difference in the way I feel.  I’m going to try not to eat past 5 during the week and fast for at least two of those days.  I felt amazing this morning when I woke up.  I wasn’t even ravenously hungry like I expected to be.  I will let you know if this is the norm.
Here is a silly picture of Ajax.
     
Meal Description
Ashley
Gerard
Breakfast/morning snack
-          Fasted from 2:30 pm yesterday until 7:00am this morning)
-          3 eggs and 1 egg whites
-          1 piece turkey bacon
-          2 cups coffee
-          4 eggs scrambled
-          3 pieces turkey bacon
-          2 cups coffee
-          1.5 oz almonds
Lunch
-          1 apple
-          Bowl of chili (because it’s chilly!) 
-          Green tea
-          8  oz pork loin
-          Stir fry veggies
water
Snack
-          1 apple
-          6 almonds
-          Water
-          2.5 oz tunafish
(35g protein- 6.25g fat-1 g carb)
Dinner
-          Stir fry veggies
-          6 oz chicken (baked)
-          2 chicken strips (baked with shredded, unsweetened coconut)
-          Bowl of turkey chili
-          2 chicken drumsticks
-          3 chicken strips
-          Water


Exercise
Ashley
Gerard
Walked to class – about 1 mile in the freezing, freezing cold

Warm up

Stretching – hamstrings, calves, quads, back, shoulders
10 twisting lunges
5 hand walk stretches (don’t know what these are really called)
10 air squats
10 jumping lunges

Then: Warm up and WOD from LowCountry Crossfit

Warm up:

30-20-10
Double unders
Sit ups (I did GHD sit ups)

WOD

5 rounds for time

10 standing broad jumps
21 kettle bell swings 35#
24 push ups

Time: 14:20…kind of awful

Post Workout

60 second plank
60 second left side plank
60 second right side plank

Stretching

Warm up:
jogged-(10)-push ups-pull ups-squats-lunges-ghd-ghr
dynamic hip opener
Foam Rolled
10-jump push ups-butterfly pull ups-jump squats-jump lunges-ghd-ghr
workout:
BS
95#-135# - 2 on the minute
Then
20 squats at 155# (80 pounds less than 5RM)  in 1:56
Workout
AMRAP 10 minutes
5 Dead lifts 155#
5 Cleans 155#
5 Pull ups
Got 6 rounds

Post Workout
2X10 Romanian DL at 155#
2X10 Hip Thrusts at 235#
2X10 GHD with 35# (arm locked out overhead)



Sleep: 
Ashley: 9:50pm-6:35am – Finally some good sleep!  Much needed.
Gerard: 9:50pm-7:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment